Washington Business License
The Fastest Way to Get Your Washington Business License
Washington state business licenses are not easy to understand, let alone obtain. Business Licenses, LLC is designed to cut through the clutter and help business owners understand their Washington state business license requirements.
Washington is home to many businesses and nearly all of them are required to obtain at least one business license on both the state and local level.
However, even obtaining a local business license in WA may be harder than it at first appears. Washington is among the very few states that allow business owners to apply for local business licenses on the state level (with an additional fee). This means that about 20-30 cities essentially outsource the processing of their business licenses in WA to the state. Determining whether or not your particular municipality is among them is the first step toward determining whether or not you’re going to have a smooth process obtaining your business licenses in The Evergreen State.
We recommend extensive research before you begin the process. We also know just where to get started.
Explore Local Business License Requirements in Washington
Explore your local licensing authority requirements by clicking on your county in the list below. You can further drill down to your city to better understand all of your business license and permit requirements. Don't forget that if you're providing services in more than one jurisdiction in Washington, you will need to review your business license requirements in every city/county in which you're doing business.
How Many Business Licenses in Washington Do You Need?
The number of business licenses in Washington that you will need will depend upon a number of unique factors. Within which city/county will you operate your business? What business activities will you be conducting? How heavily regulated is your industry? Etc. To put it in perspective, we ran the following queries through our own business license research tool. Here are some authentic results:
• A bed and breakfast in Seattle, WA may require up to 10 business licenses and/or permits, including a county-specific King food establishment permit. There are many forms and documents associated with this permit that a business owner may not consider. For example, you may need to submit a Use of Restroom Agreement, a Use of Commissary / Shared Kitchen Agreement, or a Plan Review Application for a Mobile Food Service Unit.
• A tax preparation/accounting business in Olympia, WA may require up to 8 business licenses and/or permits, including a state-specific Washington accounting license. Our database suggests at least 3 forms and documents associated with this license, including a CPA Firm License Application, a CPA Firm Change of Address Form, and even a Relinquishment of CPA Firm License Application.
• A vacation rental business in Auburn, WA may require up to 11 business licenses and/or permits, including a state-specific Washington lodging establishment license. It appears that this licensing authority requires a Transient Accomodation License Application to obtain this license.
Get Requirements for Your Washington Business License
No matter how large or small your business is, Business Licenses, LLC can provide you with all you need to get a business license in Washington (WA). We also can provide you with the Washington state business license requirements that are specific to your industry. We support every industry from beverage licenses to dairy licenses, alarm permits to driving school licenses, travel agency licenses to pest control licenses, and fire alarm permits to holiday sales licenses.
Professional Help for Getting Business Licenses in Washington
Beyond discovering and comprehending requirements for how to get a business license in Washington (WA), many organizations spend valuable time on the application process itself. Business Licenses, LLC provides professional assistance for collecting all of your Washington business license requirements, filling in the paperwork, and submitting them to the proper authorities in Washington. A Business Licenses, LLC expert will talk with you and complete the Washington business license applications on your behalf, regardless of complexity. We will then submit your Washington business license applications online (wherever possible) or send you forms that are ready for you to sign, date, and drop in the mail.
Testimonials from Our Business License Customers in Washington
We have business license professionals who work extensively throughout Washington. Our customers know the difference that expertise makes.
• "Great communication. Also, everyone helped me when I felt stuck which is great!" — Roberto Cervantes, RCC Adventure Holdings LLC in Vancouver, WA (Explore business license requirements in nearby Battle Ground, Brush Prairie, Camas, Cherry Grove, Oak Park, and Salmon Creek.)
• "Very good information of which I wasn’t aware." — Sharon Reed, Sharons Quality Hair LLC in Burien, WA (Explore business license requirements in nearby Argo, Auburn, Bellevue, Brighton, Concora, Hobart, Preston, and Renton.)
• "They got it done in a thorough and timely manner." — Sovanna Kra, Manit Global Imports LLC in Vancouver, WA (Explore business license requirements in nearby Amboy, Barberton, Felida, Heisson, Hockinson, Lake Shore, Meadow Glade, and Midland Acres.)